1. About This Policy
2. Information We Collect and Disclose
Bree collects personal information about you for a variety of purposes. During the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information from individuals:
- Personal Identifiers, such as a full name, postal address, email address, online usernames and passwords for third-party sites and internet services
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Commercial information, such as products or services purchased, obtained, or used.
- Inferences based on information about an individual to create a summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
- Bank account and debit card information, such as account numbers, card numbers, and transaction histories.
During the past 12 months, we have also disclosed the categories of personal information listed above for our business purposes. We have not, however, sold personal information to third parties.
2.1 Third Party Credentials, Account Numbers and Other Account Information
When you use certain Services, we may collect from you usernames, passwords, account numbers, and other account information for third-party websites and Internet banking services (“Third-Party Sites”). This information is used to obtain your account, transaction, and other banking information from the relevant financial institution on your behalf in order to display the information to you or to fulfill your requests for certain products, services, or transactions through a Service. We use third-party service providers, such as Plaid Inc. (“Plaid”) to obtain this information.
2.2 Information Collected by Cookies and Web Beacons
We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in device memory by a website. Among other things, cookies support the integrity of our registration process, retain your preferences and account settings, and help evaluate and compile aggregated statistics about user activity. We may also collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails. We may use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
2.3 Technical and Navigational Information
We may collect your computer browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on our Site. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve our web design and functionality.
2.4 Device ID
When you use our mobile applications or the mobile versions of our Site, we may collect the unique device identifier assigned to that device by phone makers, carriers, or makers of the operating system (the "Device ID"). Device IDs allow app developers, and others to uniquely identify your device for purposes of storing application preferences and other data.
3. How We Use Your Information
We may use the information you provide about yourself to fulfill your requests for our products, programs, and Services, to respond to your inquiries about our Services, and to offer you other products, programs, or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
We may use your information to complete transactions you request, to verify the existence and condition of your accounts, or to assist with a transaction. For example, we may use the account information you provide or that we collect from Third-Party Sites to confirm your accounts are valid and to access funds from your accounts in connection with fulfillment of the Services.
4. How We Share Your Information
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- With third parties to provide, maintain, service and improve our Services.
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business.
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process.
- the legal rights or physical safety of any person or the security of our network, Sites or Services.
- To respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third parties.
- In an emergency, to protect the health and safety of our Sites' users or the general public.
- As otherwise required by law.
5. How We Secure Your Information
We take your privacy and the security of your information very seriously, and have an information security program that includes administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect your information. Examples of measures we have taken to protect your information include, but are not limited to:
- The use of industry standard encryption while transmitting and storing information.
- Passwords are only known by you. No employee, contractor or Third-Party Site has access to your Bree password. We will never ask for your password through our customer service teams.
6. Note on Communication
We may provide you with information and summaries of your accounts and Services through email. We may also allow you to subscribe to email newsletters and from time to time may transmit emails to you promoting Bree or third-party goods or services.
Subscribers have the ability to opt out of receiving our promotional emails and to terminate their newsletter subscriptions by following the instructions in the emails. Opting out in this manner will not end transmission of service-related emails, such as information and summaries of your accounts and Services.
7. How to Update Your Information
If you wish to access personal information that you have submitted to us or to request the correction of any inaccurate information you have submitted to us, you may correct certain information through our Site. Alternatively, you can send an email that includes your contact information to email@example.com to request any corrections to your personal information.
You may also email us if you wish to deactivate your Services, but even after you deactivate your Services, we may retain archived copies of information about you for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law.